The Directorate is responsible for Provision of Information, Communication and Technology Services. Headed by the Director Information Services, the Directorate provides the appropriate strategies and advises the Assembly on matters relating to information. It is composed of three departments, Hansard, ICT and Public Relations.
ROLES OF THE DEPARTMENTS
• Recording of all chamber and select committee sittings
• Transcription of computers audio files into readable texts
• Editing of raw Hansard draft to a final accurate copy
• Dissemination of Hansard reports to hon. Members and users
• Indexing, Storage, archival and retrieval of Hansard reports
• Maintaining an accurate and consistent publishing format
• Development and maintenance of policies, rules, standards and procedures governing Hansard production.
The Information and Communication Technology( ICT) unit in the County Assembly exists to provide appropriate ICTs that enable members and staff to access the information and services necessary to do their jobs. The unit supports the Assembly’s objective through the use of technology based solutions where appropriate. It provides and maintains the network infrastructure, telecommunications, general office applications and equipment and provides support for bespoke applications. Other significant roles include user support and training, backup systems and electronic information Security.
• Media relations and Media monitoring
• Organizing appropriate branding and visibility within and outside the Assembly.
• Organizing publicity of Assembly activities:-website, social media, mainstream media.
• Documenting the Assembly events:-photos, videos, write ups
• Preparation of the newsletter and other corporate materials e.g brochures sand roll ups.
• Assisting in drafting of relevant policies:- external communications policy, media policy, social media policy.
• Organizing of Assembly functions/ programs/events among them outreach programs and public participation;
• Ensuring appropriate feedback mechanisms are put in place.
• Preparing official speeches and messages.