Speaker: Hon. John Kaguchia
Hon. John Ndumia Mwangi
MCA Kamakwa Mukaru Ward
Hon. Pauline Wanjira Maina
Minority Party Rep CASB
MCA Magutu Ward
Clerk: Jenard Mwiggeh
The Nyeri County Assembly Service Board (CASB) was established pursuant to section 12 (1) of the County Governments Act 2012 as a body corporate with perpetual succession. It has four Members: The Speaker of the Assembly as the Chairperson; A Member of the Majority Party as the Vice-Chairperson and a Member from the Minority Party as a Member with two persons residents in the County appointed by the County Assembly from among persons who have knowledge and experience in public affairs, but who are not Members of the County Assembly. The Clerk to the Assembly is the Secretary to the Board.
The County Assembly Service Board (CASB) is a body corporate established under the provisions of section 12 of the County Government Act, No. 17 of 2012.
The Board is responsible for:-
1. Providing services and facilities to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the County Assembly;
2. Constituting offices in the County Assembly Service, and appointing and supervising office holders;
3. Preparing annual estimates of expenditure of the County Assembly Service and submitting them to the County Assembly for approval, and exercising budgetary control over the service;
4. Undertaking, singly or jointly with other relevant organizations, programmes to promote the ideals of parliamentary democracy; and
5. Performing other functions:-(i) Necessary for the wellbeing of members and staff of the County Assembly; or(ii) Prescribed by national Legislation.
The Members of the Board are:-
1. Hon. John Kaguchia – Chairperson.
2. Hon. John Ndumia Mwangi – Vice Chairperson
3. Hon. Pauline Wanjira Maina – Member
4. Ms. Monica Njeri Kibue-Member
5.Mr. Paul Mwari Maina-Member
6. Mr. Jenard Mwiggeh – Secretary